- The Tasmanian Devil stores body fat in its tail and an unhealthy devil often has a thin tail.
- An analysis of mammalian bite force, corrected for body size, shows that the Tasmanian Devil has the strongest bite of any living mammal.
- Because it is a marsupial, a Tasmanian devil gives birth to very immature young which develop further while in the mother’s pouch.
- Tasmanian Devils are mainly scavengers – they mainly feed on the dead bodies of wallabies and sheep, Tasmanian devils will take other smaller animals as prey.
- When angered, the ears of Tasmanian devils turn a pinkish-red.
- The Tasmanian Devil was named for the sound of its scream.
In our store we sell Tasmanian Devil products such as pewter figurines as well as cute Tassie Devil plush toys – click here to view them.