Here we have a few fun and interesting facts from Australia – We will add more of these every now and then, sure makes for an interesting read!
- Australia is the worlds biggest island and also the smallest continent (bizarre right?!).
- The largest organic construction on earth is in Australia and is known as the Great Barrier Reef (been there, must visit!).
- Tasmania is know to have the cleanest air in the world (who knew?).
- In 1954 Bob Hawke (former Prime Minister) made it into the Guinness Book of Records – why? He drank 2.5 pints of beer in 11 seconds (he was a bit of a larrikin wasn’t he?).
- There are 1500 hundred species of Australian spiders (eek!).
- There are more than 150 million sheep in Australia, and only 24.4 million people (as of April 2017).
- Australia has the biggest number of wild one humped camels in the world (i don’t really know what to say about that).
- The city of Melbourne in Australia has one of the largest Greek populations in the world outside of Athens Greece (not surprising).
No wonder they call Australia the land of wonders – this is just a drop in the ocean of fun facts available for our great land.